Pages

Monday 15 July 2013

Make My Monday Challenge

Over at Make My Monday this week they are asking us to use a stamp which has not been inked before or alternatively some decoupage which hasn't been used since it was purchased.  Well I guess we all have many stamps which have not seen ink near them - you know how it is you buy a set of stamps and inevitably there are always some which remain unused - I should know because I am guilty as charged.  However today I received my recent order from the Stampin' Up Extravaganza Day and I've inked one of the stamps from the Simply Sketched set, leaving another five still to use.  I put some background colour onto a piece of watercolour paper by scribbling onto a plain acrylic block with Distress Markers, spritzing with water and stamping, after which I stamped the flower and coloured it with Distress Marker.  Having seen some Joy cards on my friend Anne's blog I thought I'd make one.  I have no idea where they got their name from but would be interested to know if anyone has any idea.  Background papers were printed from Artylicious Essence of Nature CD and I simply added a message (which helps the card stay closed) and a little butterfly.

Edited hastily

Well that will teach me to read the challenge instructions more carefully - I've just read it again and realise that it MUST NOT be a new stamp so it is back to the drawing board and I will be making another challenge entry!!  This took me ages to make due to the heat and the fact that I've been getting so little sleep since the heatwave started that my brain seems to be frazzled - that's my excuse anyway - sorry folks, must try harder.

13 comments:

  1. Well Val its another card for your box anyway!..
    Love your pastel colours and its a great effect using the blocklike you were explaining to me this morning...its my turn now to make my card using a stamp or stamps from that set....

    Anne

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not to worry Val, it is a lovely card! Very delicate colouring, background looks great, all very well co-ordinated.
    Have to admit I have loads of stamps (even some decoupage) that could do with being used, once it gets cooler, that is!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think the heat is getting to quite a few of us ......... the dear dentist was terribly worried about me this morning so goodness knows what whiter shade of pale green I'd turned as I kept saying I was fine, just felt a bit weak!! It looks a splendid creation even if it doesn't fit the challenge & I love your soft colours & shading.
    Paula (PEP)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think the heat's getting to everyone Val, but it's a lovely card and I'm sure it will come in useful at some point in the near future. Thank you for the kind words you left on my blog yesterday, it's been a busy day today, but I'm hoping to get a little crafting done tomorrow.

    Sue x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very delicate card, love pastel colors you have used!

    ReplyDelete
  6. A very pretty card never mind I'm sure it will get used for someone. Hugs x ChrisB

    ReplyDelete
  7. Might not have been right for the challenge but it is gorgeous even so! I am sure someone will just love to receive it, that flower stamp is just beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful card Val, love the colours and the technique you used. It made me laugh when I read the end of your post, the times I've done that!!
    Val x

    ReplyDelete
  9. It's still a lovely card. I did a spot of research the other day and it is possible that the card was just originally made for someone called Joy!
    I see you have a new label punch there!

    ReplyDelete
  10. It's a gorgeous card and I love that stamp set - the background is beautiful - thanks for joining in this week at MMM - Jacqueline xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Very pretty card, thank you for joining us this week at MMM, Laura DT

    ReplyDelete
  12. A beautiful card, with an adorable stamp, I love your pastel colour palette. Thanks for joining us at MMM. Caz

    ReplyDelete
  13. Its a fabulous card Val...love the background and the gorgeous poppy. Thank you for joining us at MMM
    Suzi B x

    ReplyDelete