Pages

Sunday 20 May 2012

Sunday Stamper challenge week 206

I only discovered this Sunday Stamper challenge a short while ago and this week decided to take the plunge and have a go with the CIRCLES theme.  I thought I'd make a tag using my Tim Holtz rosettes die and incidentally several of his other products too.  I stamped some strips of card with an Elusive Images (now Chocolate Baroque) numbers stamp from the ATC set which I've had since it was issued a long while ago so this would qualify the tag for Judith's Forgotten Friday challenge I would think. I then cut out the rosettes and sponged the strips with distress ink (scattered straw), folded and glued them together and then added more distress ink (brushed corduroy) I cut two Tim Holtz butterflies from grungeboard and applied rock candy crackle, leaving it to dry before inking with Distress stains and adding some pen nibs for bodies.  The tag was cut with a TH Sizzix die, stamped with some text, embossed with a texture fades embossing folder then inked using the same colours as before. A strip of die cut metal lace, a grungeboard swirl and dyed ribbon complete this tag.   The metallic elements were coloured with alcohol inks and the ribbon and swirl with distress stains.


10 comments:

  1. Oooooooh that's gorgeous Val! I love the colours, I'm a purple lover as you know. The CB stamp looks amazing mixed in with all of the TH goodies. Love the Rock Candy butterflies. I'm familiar with that technique, having done the CC101 course, but just haven't had the time to try it out. The rosettes look stunning. Thanks so much for linking your project to my FF post. Judith xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your take on this challenge Val...so many elements on your tag, love the colours and the butterflies are sweet

    Anne

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous tag Val, love the rosettes and the new header on your blog is gorgeous! Did you make it with Craft Artist? You'll be able to customise for all the seasons ;)
    Val x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I too have had my eye on this one but just not managed to fit it in, as indeed Forgotten Friday. I know that ATC set....... Love your idea of the pen nibs for the butterfly bodies & your colours are just gorgeous.
    Paula (PEP)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow Val - great card for this new challenge. Love the new header on your blog......

    ReplyDelete
  6. lovely tag Val, I too have that ATC set almost unused.....and like your new blog header!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Val, your tag is beautiful, I love all the elements and the butterflies are stunning.
    Anne x
    PS - I love your blog heading too

    ReplyDelete
  8. Clever idea for the centre of the butterflies. Love it.
    Hugs, Buttons x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful Tag Val, I love the colours and the rosettes just make it pop. Hugs Rita xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Cool tag, loving the mix of inks too, very dimensional... Thanks for joining in with the Sunday Stamper x

    ReplyDelete