For this card I've used a Tim Holtz Sizzix die to cut the label and the 'wrought iron' hanging bracket. Background paper is from Essence of Nature by Chocolate Baroque and this has been overstamped with an Eastern Grasses stamp. The sentiment was produced on the computer.
Friday, 1 July 2011
Friday again already and time for Judith's Forgotten Friday challenge. This week I've used products from Chocolate Baroque which I've had for a time and not used recently. The rose from their Harlequin Rose set was stamped three times and coloured using Derwent Inktense pencils. The head of the rose was cut out and layered up for dimension. Background paper is from the Decadent Brocade CD - the smaller pieces are from papers which came with my membership to Graphicus Guild (now Chocolate Baroque). I've left this card without a specific greeting so that it could be used for any occasion.
Thursday, 30 June 2011
One of the things I really enjoy is dabbling with inks, stamps and so on to make backgrounds and/or images and today I had a play with a couple of the new Distress Stains from Tim Holtz. These come in a bottle with a dabber top which makes them easy to apply and they are of course compatible with other distress products. I swiped colour onto white card, splashed some droplets of water on and then spritzed a stamp with water and stamped three times blotting with a paper towel, which lifts some of the colour. I then overstamped one of the impressions slightly off to the side using a matching ink pad; then sponged and blended around the edges with more distress ink pads. The stamp used was a rose from the Doodle Birds and Butterflies set by Chocolate Baroque and the background paper also came from the same source.
Wednesday, 29 June 2011
Well I seem to be on a roll with flowers lately and this time they were built up from die cut ones (Marianne die) and some punched ones using print-outs from My craft Studio Petal Partners CD. The sentiment was produced on the comnputer using My Craft Studio graphics programme. Apologies for the reflections in the photo from the pearlescent card! Background paper is from Chocolate Baroque Echoes of Italy collection and a stamp from one of their miniature sets was used around the Spellbinders label.
Tuesday, 28 June 2011
Check out this link for a chance to win a great giveaway from Dezinaworld when they reach 500 followers
It will be my son's birthday soon so I've made him this Forever Friends card because he is keen on fishing - I'm pretty sure he doesn't follow my blog so hopefully he won't get a sneak preview!! The stamp is from a set suitable for men's cards by Papermania, background paper is from my stash with the addition of a piece of Kraft glassine which was put through an embossing folder and sponged with Distress ink. Image was coloured using Polychromos pencils.
Monday, 27 June 2011
Having used the Tim Holtz Kraft glassine to make flowers reminded me that I had some white (semi transparent) glassine in the form of some file sheets designed to hold photographic negatives. Now I know why I never throw anything away - it is bound to come in for something!! I made the flowers from layers of scalloped circles of the white glassine and white tissue paper which had been sprayed with Glimmer Mist (juneberry wine). The background paper is from Chocolate Baroque Essence of Nature collection, sponged and overstamped. The tags were printed from the same CD.
Sunday, 26 June 2011
Two posts in one day - this one is for Judith's Forgotten Friday challenge and if you visit her lovely blog you will see why this is a Sunday post this week. I was reminded by watching a great video on Glenda's blog that I'd not used my chalk ink pads for direct to paper technique for absolutely ages so I dug them out and had a play to make the background for this card and I also used various stamps by Chocolate Baroque to complete the background. The owl stamp had also been sadly neglected although I just love it - he was stamped onto a piece of the chalked background card and cut out to pop onto the stamped tree.
I've been experimenting with some of the Kraft glassine paper from Tim Holtz and I'm sure this has lots of potential. I decided to make some flowers using the tattered flowers die, cutting out the shapes, scrunching them up to break down the fibres and the coating so that I could add a little colour with Distress ink. I also added a dusting of Perfect Pearls in gold and then heated gently so that the PP would adhere. I made a background for the card using Distress stain and Distress inks with miscellaneous stamps from Chocolate Baroque and I must say my fingers were very interesting colours by the time I'd finished.