Pages

Saturday, 15 August 2026

Allsorts Challenge #856

 The theme for the latest Allsorts Challenge has been chosen by Lynne who would like to see some embossing on your cards - either dry or using a heat gun with embossing powder.  Lots of scope, but if this doesn't appeal there's always the anything goes option.  Prize from Lisa Horton Crafts (full details on the Allsorts blog post).  For my card I've chosen to use a die to emboss into the background card panel for the brick wall effect, followed by colouring the bricks with watercolour.  I then die cut and coloured the window and shutters using Distress ink pads, adding some small flowers and a die cut bicycle for added interest.  Sentiment was stamped and die cut.


Dies used - mainly from Gummiapan
Bicycle - a die I've had for a long time but no idea of the source
Sentiment - from a Craft Addictions UK stamp set

6 comments:

  1. Great embossed effect using he die Val, I'm yet to accomplish anything similar despite trying.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a gorgeous card Val. You’re brilliant at these little die cut scenes. Great idea to use a die for the brick embossing too. Even better IRL! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. A lovely little scene, the bicycle adds a nice touch.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful scene, like that brick embossing background and like the bike!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a sweet little scene you have created! Perhaps a side alley in Italy, love that! Great way to use dies, I don't do that often enough! Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete