Pages

Sunday 13 October 2024

Snippets Challenge #491

 Whenever I set out to make a card I always try to include something from my Snippets mountain - I know I've said it before but somehow this collection never seems to diminish despite my best efforts.  Anyway this one is to take along to the Snippets Playground where I understand there's a conker match in progress and some hot drinks available.

Apart from the base card everything here came from my Snippets collection starting with part of a sheet of snowflake paper which was printed onto some pearl paper for another project.  I also have quite a lot of pearlised card snippets in various shades of white, ivory or cream so I decided to use some of the different shades to make a start on die cutting this elaborate 'Colorize' snowman using a die which I won in a challenge last year and had only used once previously.  These dies are quite elaborate with many layers and some concentration is required to get it all assembled.  I decided to focus on each colour and work methodically from the bottom up as it were - it's incredibly easy to lose some of the tiny pieces if you blunder in and cut them all at once.  No need to ask me how I know this 🀣 and I seem to recall that when I made the first one last year the die was put away with thoughts of 'never again'.  However, I'm pleased I tried again this year because I actually enjoyed making this one even if it did take me quite a long time - certainly not one for batch making.  Once he was assembled I decided the card needed something else so I cut some 'snow' to ground him and added a die cut tree from another set of dies - I didn't think it needed a sentiment.  Lots of snippets used and being in methodical mode I remembered to save them for a photo.

A great prize to be won this time so why not dig out some of your snippets and have a go




Background - Printed from Seasons Greetings CD Artylicious (possibly discontinued)
Snowman - Tim Holtz Colorize Snowman dies
Tree - set of unbranded dies


8 comments:

  1. That's really a fun snowman made from your snippets and I love the big snowflake background too. I'm sure the gremlins somehow multiply our snippets while we sleep because I have the same problem! *wink*

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh he is a fun snowman and beautifully paired with that fir tree die and the snow grounding. The snowflake paper in the background is gorgeous too. Great to see a pic of you snippets.

    Thanks for coming to play in the Snippets Playground. See you up in the treehouse shortly - right after I've had a game of conkers! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super Christmas card Val, well worth all the time and patience to put it together. See you in The Playground, my conkers are baking in the oven ready for the match and I've got some Amaretto to sneak into the hot chocolate.
    Liz xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my word Val - I literally just gasped 'Wow' when I followed Mr Linky from the Playground. What a totally stunning card! I adore the happy guy and can see exactly why you once said 'never again' - so many little snippets - sheesh! The background is stunning as well - every element and your magical touch makes this into such a perfect card. Love it!
    Hugs
    Di xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a jolly snowman, he looks very happy in his snowy scene. See you at the conker match xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a super happy Snowman Val and I know will have taken much time (how do I know that - used mine just once), paired with the tree makes a perfect snowy scene.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a fab snowman Val … so intricate and interesting! Brilliant combo of snippets to make a fab festive scene xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. He's great but like you I find the TH dies fiddly, however the results are wonderful.

    ReplyDelete