Pages

Thursday 21 March 2024

Inspiration from a Blog Visit

 As I've said before ideas for cards very often come from seeing what other people post on their blogs and when I saw a recent post by the talented Sarn  HERE  I was immediately reminded of some bird stamps which I've had in my crafty stash for a long time (since 2008 in fact) although I was surprised to see just how long I've had them 😉.  I can't recall when this set last saw ink but it felt good using one of the birds to make a card inspired, and similar to the one Sarn had made.  The flower stamp I used as part of the background and the 'arty' words were also neglected stamps.  The bird was stamped and embossed and the background floral one stamped using Distress Oxide.  Some Oxide ink in another colour was 'splodged' around and the words simply stamped in black.  The panel was then popped onto a kraft card and a simple adhesive sentiment added.


Flower stamp - Elusive Images 2007 (now known as Chocolate Baroque)
Bird - stamp from Elusive Images Dawn Chorus 2008
Arty words - Elusive Images 2008 ATC stamp set
Sentiment - Indigo Blu

7 comments:

  1. LOVE this pretty card with the floral background and the sweet bird. Great sentiment too.

    Delighted to have inspired you, and thanks for the shout out xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great card this is! I love that stamped background that's just perfect for this little bird and you did Sarn proud with your CASE of her cards

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this one Val, recognise the EI background stamp from Glenda days and nice silhouette birdie image.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  4. That really is a long time for a stamp but well worth the wait to see it used here. Hugs Mrs A.

    ReplyDelete
  5. A great case of Sarn’s card, (she is so inspiring isn’t she), and also great that you used some neglected stamps, a lovely card xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. A beautiful card inspired by Sarn. I love the delicate background.
    Liz xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is beautiful Val and I too thought Sarn's card was a beauty too, and you have CASEd it brilliantly with the background floral and added inkiness which complements the black embossed silhouette bird and lovely words and sentiment. x

    ReplyDelete