Pages

Friday 23 February 2024

Twofer

 Isn't it great when you can get two cards out of one design, and that's what I've done here using a circle dot die and a piece of card from my colour play sessions box.  I cut the die in white to match the card base and cut it again from the piece which had been coloured using the shaving foam technique (I think, but  it was a while ago and I can't really remember).  Anyway I thought it would be suitable for this card.  I then adhered the white outline circle to the card before fitting all the different circles back into the spaces - took me a while 🤣.  The Birthday greeting was die cut twice and layered together for stability before being added to finish off the card.  My intention next was to use the coloured outline circle in the same way, inserting the white dots but decided to take the easy way out with this second card and just let the white background show through which gave the same effect but without all the fiddle of inserting the small dots.  A similar sentiment was added and that's it - twofer completed.😉 




7 comments:

  1. Both versions are GREAT! Nice dies. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Two super cards, Val. That's a very versatile die and I love how you've used it.
    Liz xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. A great twofer Val, and not surprised you took the easy route on the second 😂xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the variation of the two different cards. That is one fun die to work with and it gives great results too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great use of that die Val.
    I bought the same one just before Christmas and used it for some seasonal cards .. .. I loved using it very much and very sadly now have a little box that contains lots of spare circles LOL!!!
    Love Jules xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. I thought this was the die I saw Jules use. It's a lovely die and you've done a great twofer with it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. These Twofers both look great Val, and the circle of dots is a very pretty and useful frame, also the birthday sentiment doubled up stands out beautifully. x

    ReplyDelete