Pages

Sunday 4 February 2024

Snippets Playground Challenge #473

 Here is my homework for the latest Snippets Playground Challenge.  Sarn is in charge this time and she has made a super card from some of her lovely snippets.  Of course there is a great prize to be won by the lucky person whose name is drawn at the end of the fortnight.

For this card I decided to use up a snippet of card which I'd coloured using various Pixie Powders and had a fancy to use my Crazy Bird stamps although when I started I had no idea what the finished result was going to be.  Once I'd stamped and die cut the birds I decided I wasn't too keen on the outer margins of the die cuts which looked a bit too 'spotty' so I trimmed them much closer to the line with scissors - better!.  Next I scrabbled through my box of sundry die cuts, mostly white ones, which I always save because they might be useful one day, and found some leafy branches.  I coloured these using Distress ink pens and found some larger white snippets of card to cut the circle and to stamp and die cut the sentiment tags.  Another little problem with the birds was that being stamped onto inky card their beaks and eyes were somewhat 'lost' so I stamped again onto snippets of white card and fussy cut the eyes and beaks so they could be layered.  I also added a bit more colour to the bird bodies using coloured pencils.  Found a snippet of blue card to tone with the birds and then assembled the card - that's it, job done 😉



Actually remembered to take a pic of my snippets!!






Birds - Crazy Birds Sizzix Tim |Holtz
Branches - a very old Sizzix die


10 comments:

  1. Aww . . . LOVE your cute bird-day card! LOL! (Sorry!)

    Great use of your snippets (thanks for the pic) and my goodness me you must have good eyesight to redo the eyes. A great layout too.

    Thanks for entering homework to the Snippets Playground. See you up in the treehouse for a mug of hot chocolate later. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Val

    A fun card .. .. using your snippets. Love the colour mix very much.

    Great layout too.

    Many thanks for your lovely comment on my blog. Hope you have had a good weekend.

    Love Jules xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Brilliant snippets card Val, love those crazy birds.
    Liz xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a lovely design Val and a hint of Spring, always loved those crazy birds yet never quite got round to buying them.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  5. You’re as bad as me 😂, love how you put this all together, and how fab the colours worked with the birds! Fabulous card xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love where the inspiration led you to create this fun card. You definitely used your snippets to their full potential in making a fun birdie birthday card!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow Val - what a corker of a card! So well made and I love the design! Those TH Crazy Birds always make me smile - loving the vibrant colours of those Pixie Powders too! And, as Sarn says, your eyesight must be top notch now!

    Hugs

    Di xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a cute birthday card. Birds are my favorite animal. The person the card is for is going to love it. My birthday was yesterday and was happy that one was a handmade card. Hope you have a lovely Valentines Day!

    cindys-greencricut

    ReplyDelete
  9. Well that worked out brilliantly. Love the birds using pixie powders and well done on cutting out their tiny eyes and beaks.

    ReplyDelete
  10. The crazy birds look great cut from this snippet coloured with the Pixie Powders Val, and love the way you have each sitting on a branch, and the circle die is the perfect frame for them..love the words you used too. x

    ReplyDelete