Pages

Wednesday 24 January 2024

Today's Card

I do hope you're not bored by my recent posts using items from the famous Gummiapan mystery bag and after this one there might be a break from seeing them while I put the rest to one side and get into using other items from my stash.  For this one I die cut the cow head in black and again in white so that I could swap the pieces around to make a couple of Friesians.  Next I had a scrabble around in my pot of miscellaneous die cut bits and pieces, mostly left overs from previous projects, to see what I could use to build up a card.  The result is this country scene.  The  back layer is a brick wall effect achieved with an embossing folder, followed by a snippet of patterned paper which looks like sky and green for the ground.  The cows are peering over a 'fence' made using three strips from a die set which has a quite different purpose and finally I added some corn and grasses  which were also loitering in the 'useful bits' pot.


 Wall - embossing folder from Stampin' Up
Landscape background - New Horizons DSP also SU
Fence - Beautiful Brush Strokes dies SU
Corn - from Hey Chick set SU (retired)
Grasses - from two other retired SU sets

8 comments:

  1. I think what you're creating with that mystery bag is amazing and I'm not tired of seeing anything! Those cows hanging over the fence are too cute. I think I'd put "cow's it going?" inside just for chuckles LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a brilliant rural scene made with your mystery dies pack. Certainly not bored of seeing you using the pack as your cards have all been so different. Top marks xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love how you cleverly combined all those elements! One of my favourites, and never bored, keep ‘em coming! Xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Val,
    oh I love this wonderful card and your brilliant design also.
    Such a very cheerful card which made me smile.
    Lotsof crafty love. Jenny L.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my goodness your moo cows are fabulous and you have been busy too using up your scraps. Hugs Mrs A.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I saw this cow's head over at Deb's and I loved it then, and you have made a terrific scene with the two cows with heads over the fence, and lots of interesting added foliage and looks perfect on the brick wall embossing in the background Val. x

    ReplyDelete
  7. A belated visit and a C&P comment I'm afraid as MS preventing me doing much still, but can at least take a peek at what everyone is creating.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  8. So creative! Love how you put them over the fence.

    ReplyDelete