Pages

Sunday 21 January 2024

Snippets Time Again

 Time for a new challenge in the Snippets Playground and I've used yet another item from my recently purchased mystery bag of retired dies and stamps from Gummiapan UK.  There were dies of two sizes in this set and I've used the larger of the two.  I translated the Swedish name of the set to be 'oval gems' but really had to think hard of ways to use them effectively.  I finally decided the larger die of the two would perhaps work as a sort of paperclip to hold some snippets of torn papers so I cut it in dark brown card and added a bit of gilding wax for interest.  The torn papers were all from my snippets collection and as usual the only non-snippet thing here is the base card which is 5" x 7".  As one of the torn pieces was a music one I've added a treble clef, also cut from a dark brown snippet and touched with gilding wax.  Another great and varied prize this time around, good luck everyone.


Oval 'paperclip' - Gummiapan UK (retired)
Notebook Punch - EK Success
Treble Clef - a very ancient die from Marianne
Sentiment - Tim Holtz stamps

9 comments:

  1. Great card showing off your torn papers and how to use that sweet oval die. Love the big treble clef.

    If you so desired, you could keep me company over at the Group of Seven Cardmakers (link on my torn edge posts). Xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Silly me - completely neglected to thank you for coming to play in the Snippets Playground in my last comment! 😊🙄

    Come and huddle with the rest of the gang up in the treehouse out of the strong winds. Breakfast Club is in full flow with plenty of hot buttered toast, lashings of coffee/tea and the odd croissant or two!!! Xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those torn papers look perfect all clipped together along with an added musical clef. A great snippets creation for someone who loves music.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fab card using your collage of torn paper and the waxed embellishments xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Val
    A great project - love the music theme.
    Your mystery package is proving to be very inspirational .. .. you must be well pleased with it.
    Many thanks for your comment on my blog. Unfortunately my CA programme was a download not a disc .. .. and is no longer available .. .. added to which my new laptop doesn't take discs. (Might end up needing an external disc drive if that proves a problem later).
    I have however managed, after lots of trial and error, added programme files from my backups .. .. and now at least have a badly displayed version of CA which doesn't work quite how it used to. I am now hoping files I created and backed up using CA can be brought across too (fingers very tightly crossed).
    I really need to keep chipping away at learning my new programme though, but there just doesn't seem enough hours in a day/days in a week for me to do everything that want/need to do at the moment.
    Life feel good .. .. but very "full on".
    Hope you have had a good weekend and the weather hasn't caused you any problems.
    Love Jules xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Brilliant Val! I reckon you found a perfect use for the 'Mystery Bag' die - LOVE the outcome. It all looks slightly 'casual' but I can see that there's a lot of thought and planning gone into it. Sometimes those are the hardest cards to pull off!

    Hugs
    Di xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Val,
    this is such a very lovely card and such a beautiful design also.
    Great use of snippets too.
    I have some of the Gummiapan Dies I bought ages ago.
    They are fab to use too.
    Lots of crafty love. Jenny L.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great use of snippets and your mystery bag. I do love a treble clef!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Val. LOVE the way you've layered your torn pieces to create a lovely artistic, musical card ... great work! Thanks for sharing with us at Group of Seven! Loll xx

    ReplyDelete