Pages

Monday 16 October 2023

Trying Techniques

 Trying different techniques is often the way to go if ideas are lacking and I enjoy watching card making videos on YouTube where a wide variety can be found.  I particularly like seeing videos presented by Chrissie Stokes and of course the offerings from Lavinia are well worth a watch (many others are also available).  Anyway today's card was inspired by a recent video from Chrissie who, in turn, had been watching Lou Collins using this technique.  I've used a stamp which was with a recent Indigo Blu boxed magazine kit, stamped onto some watercolour card and heat embossed with white before adding quite a bit of water and a selection of Distress Oxide inks, drying and re-applying until I was happy.  I started with some random splodges (technical term) and then added more localised colour to the flowers and leaves, finally adding some darker ink to the background areas.  If you watch the videos from either Chrissie or Lou there are lots of hints and tips.  The final touch was just a simple sentiment produced in Word, and if you don't know how easy it is to produce light lettering on a dark background just watch one of the videos and all will be revealed. 



Stamp - from Indigo Blu magazine kit
Distress Oxide - Walnut Stain, Rusty Hinge, Iced Spruce, Cracked Pistachio
Embossing - Wow Opaque white


8 comments:

  1. This is so creative and a stunning card! I love every detail!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So pleased I'm not the only one who "splodges" Val, but that's exactly what it is, fun as well. You've achieved a lovely Vintage feel here.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super card, Val. It sounds like a really interesting technique. xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a gorgeous card Val I enlarged it so I could see all the wonderful inky details. Great background and lovely collage feel to the stamping. Nice sentiment font too xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very effective card Val..always nice to try out new techniques...

    Anne

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is such an effective technique, you've done a wonderful make.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Stunning card Val. An absolute joy, so good to see new techniques popping up. Lovely colours too!

    Hugs
    Di xxi

    ReplyDelete
  8. I saw this video by Chrissie and the Indigoblu flowers as part of the magazine freebie are beautiful, and love the colour behind them which really makes them stand out. I love the white on black sentiment too, which I tried after seeing her video, and it took me a bit to master as my Word is more up to date and some things were different, but I got there in the end. x

    ReplyDelete