Pages

Tuesday 29 August 2023

Fractured

 There are quite a few cards going the rounds in blogland made in this style which is called either 'fractured' or 'shutter' card so of course I had to give it a try. Some of them use just one background DSP but I decided to have a try using two toning papers..   One thing I discovered is that some paper trimmers seem to be better for cutting the narrow strips of card - naturally I don't have one of that type 🙄🙄.  This style of card is a good way of using patterned papers and would make good masculine cards as they aren't too 'fussy' - the cards I mean, not the men 🤣.  I think this could be adapted to almost any size of card.  Most of the ones I've seen are quite small but this one is a 7" x 5".


Papers - magazine give-aways from two different publications
Stamps - Leaf from Forever Fern, Sentiment from Delicate Daisies (Stampin' Up)
Die cut flower - unbranded die
Vase - from Boho Indigo set Stampin' Up (retired)

8 comments:

  1. Lovely card Val, I love the effect with two different patterned papers. It’s another style of cards on my list to try. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's very pretty Val and the DP's coordinate so well, lovely shades of teal green.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous fractured frame!!! (Love a bit of alliteration!!)

    Seriously though Val, it’s a great example of the technique. Well done for trying it out. I really must have a go at it myself xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a fabulous example of this technique, I love the papers you’ve chosen xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is fantastic and makes for a beautiful card with those matching designer papers and pretty image! I need to give this a try now too! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely card you've made Val!
    Special technique, awesome! I have to copy you I think.
    Lots of crafty hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. This style of card is a great way to use up those bits of coloured and patterned paper Val, and perfect finished with the pretty green stamped silhouette leaves...a beautiful card. x

    ReplyDelete
  8. How funny Val - I have two complementing Christmas papers right beside me to have a go at more fractured cards! Love the freshness of your card. And the additional stamping is a lovely touch! I don't know what trimmer you have but I use a smallish guillotine to trim my strips. The secret is to lay the uncut paper on the platform, move it to the right quarter of an inch and then slice - and carry on the same process for the next strip. Hope that makes sense!

    Hugs
    Di xx

    ReplyDelete