Pages

Friday 14 July 2023

Allsorts Challenge #736

 The theme for the current Allsorts challenge is **embossing folders** or of course it can be the usual anything goes.  I decided to go for an embossed background for the daisies on this card and  have used a very old Cuttlebug embossing folder which hasn't seen the light of day for a while.  I find it good to occasionally have a look through my collections of folders just to remind myself of what I could possibly use for a particular project. This works also for stamps or dies etc and often the idea for a card design springs from picking out something which hasn't been used for a while. In this case I felt that the geometric nature of the embossing contrasted nicely with the flowing lines  of the daisies and leaves. The scattering of tiny butterflies were the 'waste' from a border die - just couldn't resist saving  them in a little sealed bag ๐Ÿ˜‰๐Ÿ˜‰


 

Embossing - folder by Cuttlebug
Flowers - Delightful Daisies dies from Stampin' Up
Tiny Butterflies - using a border die which came free with a magazine
Background and Sentiment - downloads which have been stored on computer for a long time

9 comments:

  1. It's a cathartic exercise Val, I do the same as it's so easy to forget what we have. Daisies are always so refreshing on a card, pleased you joined us at Allsorts, thank you and for using the EF option.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely card Val, I love how you've matched the backing paper with the focal image of the beautiful daisies. Thank you for joining in the Allsorts Challenge this week and choosing to use the Embossing Folder option.
    Liz xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so pretty with those big daisies and all those butterflies! I too save all those border negative pieces for future projects LOL

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous and lovely card!
    Thank you for sharing at Allsorts;-))m

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is a lovely card full of pretty daisies and the geometric EF contrasts perfectly.

    Hugs, Sarn xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Pretty card Val, and lovely contrast xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Pretty daisy card Val like your addition of those tiny little butterflies

    Anne

    ReplyDelete
  8. oh Val, I find things - put them to one side, the pile grows and falls over, I forget what I thought I would do with it lol! Well done on this make and that beautiful daisy DSP and keeping the tiny butterflies.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love this floral card Val. Very pretty indeed. Harmonious.
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete