Pages

Tuesday 13 June 2023

Sunflower Ted

 Looking through some of my stash I came across two identical images so I thought I'd take the opportunity of turning them into a card using the technique which seems to be called either 'lattice frame' or 'eclipse style lattice'.  The usual way seems to be putting slivers of foam tape on the back of the frame to lift it away from the background but this particular die has quite narrow 'bridges' so what I did was to cut one from the image and then another one in some white card so that I could adhere them both together before layering over the whole image.  I hope this makes sense - always difficult to explain some techniques 😉😉.  I stopped at the single layer because I was thinking of the postage if the card were to be thicker but I think maybe two layers of white frame under the frame image would probably be preferable visually.  As is often the case this one looks better for real than in the photo.  Finally backed the whole thing with a layer of grey and cut a piece of toning background paper to fit the card.  A birthday sentiment and that's it for today's card.  It still seems to be wall to wall sunshine in the South.


Images - from a pad by Lily of the Valley which I've had for some years
Lattice Frame - unbranded die
Sentiment - dies from Stampin' Up

8 comments:

  1. I've been seeing this technique done a lot lately but never knew what it was called. It looks fantastic here on your card, and that's such a cute image to work with. I love that sentiment panel too. Very pretty card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely birthday card Val it really is a lovely technique

    Anne

    ReplyDelete
  3. A great technique Val - it's made a lovely card. x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks great Val, soon as I have a pair of functioning eyes going to try this technique.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Val,
    oh that technique looks amazing and so lovely.
    Love the image you have used it's such a cutie.
    You can't beat a LOTV image for cuteness.
    Lots of crafty love. Jenny L.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a sweet card, the backing paper matches perfectly. Great technique, and great tip too xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. You've picked a great image for this technique, it's on my to do list lol! Yours has turned out wonderfully.

    ReplyDelete
  8. It looks amazing Val. Terrific technique x

    ReplyDelete