Pages

Friday 16 June 2023

Something Different

 Something different to share today - not a card but just a page from my sketchbook inspired by the talented SARN who introduced us to Neurographic Art in one of her recent posts.  There is a link in her post to a short YouTube video and you will find other videos if this takes your interest.  Finding it a bit too hot at the moment to do anything too strenuous and just hating the inactivity of just sitting I thought I'd give it a go and this is my very first effort - nothing brilliant but at least it kept me occupied for a while and was an enjoyable exercise.  I very much enjoy Zentangle and to my mind this art seems slightly less disciplined - what do you think?  Why not have a go if you are sitting in the shade with a glass of something cold but still feel the need to be doing something with your hands.



7 comments:

  1. Are you kidding me? I think it looks FANTASTIC Val.
    Can't tell you how delighted I am that you had a go at this relaxing way of doing some art.

    I agree it's a little too hot to do much at present, but doodling outside in the shade is great fun. Also agree that Neurographic Art is more free flowing and less disciplined than Zentangle (although I love tangling too!).

    Have a great day! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it, you've nailed the free abstract feel of it. I think mine is a little bit too neat!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This really looks like fun and the finished result is so cool! I'm sure it's relaxing to just doodle and create art. Well done and stay cool!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful card Val, I'm loving seeing these Neurographic Art designs popping up in blogland. Sarn has done a good job inspiring crafters. xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love it! And love that Sarn has us all inspired, especially in this heat xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's a fascinating technique Val, see Sarn has inspired several if us and sure I'll have a go when eyes allow. Try and keep cool.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great abstract card Val, nice to do something a bit different

    Anne

    ReplyDelete