Pages

Wednesday 10 May 2023

You Have to Try These Things, Don't You??

 Quite a few variations of this 'lattice'  technique seem to be going the rounds and it seems to be a case of combining suitable images with cutting dies, quite possibly involving adding a new die (or more) to the stash.  I was determined not to fall into that particular trap until I was sure I'd want to make sufficient cards in this style to warrant a purchase and my first efforts weren't particularly successful and ended up in the bin 🙄.  I've finally found a reasonable combination by stamping a fairly large image onto two matching pieces of card and combined them  using a die which I've had for many years (probably no longer available).    If you want to try this technique you can find a link to the video here giving detailed instructions.  It was fun giving this a try but I don't think it will become a favourite with me.


Image - stamp from Lavinia
Lattice Die - Couture Creations Tied Together (probably no longer available)
Sentiment - Crafter's Companion

7 comments:

  1. It looks great. Well done for persevering and not acquiring more stash lol!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this technique Val, your Lavinia image is perfect..

    Anne

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've seen the video you shared and thought her cards were striking and I pondered too over getting a new cover die but after thinking about it, decided not to invest because I just don't make that many cards anymore. I like that you used what you had and it turned out to be quite a cute little card anyway.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It’s an amazing card and worth your perseverance. Thanks for sharing the video link xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. It looks complicated, but your card is fabulous, well done xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. We do have to try these things and it's a interesting effect and a lovely little house. There are so many things to try. I bought a lot in the last month so must stop now for a bit!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This looks like an interesting technique Val, I'll have to go watch the video. I love the card, it would make a great new home card.

    Sue xx

    ReplyDelete