Pages

Tuesday 30 May 2023

Snippets Playground #455

 I'm not sure I will ever see the end of my snippets mountain but at least it gives me lots to play with when designing a card.  I always seem to have far more snippets in white and cream than in other colours so for this card all of the snippets (with the exception of the green sentiment backing) came from the white and cream collection and have been coloured using Distress pens and a water brush. I'm taking this along to the Playground where as usual there is a super prize for a lucky winner and a great snippets card for inspiration..  The two layers of the background weren't snippets although, as most of you will know, cutting them from a whole sheet leaves me with MORE snippets to use for something else. I've stamped a flight of birds on the patterned piece before assembling the various die cuts into what I hope is a pleasing arrangement, finally adding a computer sentiment which is layered onto a snippet of coloured card.


Background - DSP from New Horizons Stampin' Up (retired)
Dies - mix from Gummiapan, Stampin' Up and a few odd bits
Sentiment - produced using Word

9 comments:

  1. Another gorgeous snippets card Val, I love the painted background you've made.

    Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great snippets cards Val, I don't we'll ever get rid of all our snippets

    Anne

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's a great snippets card. Like you I had a lot of white snippets, but since I batch made my sentiments I have very few!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a delightful snippets scene Val! Loving the way you use your Gummiapan dies so effectively - super work!

    Hugs
    Di xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think that’s a VERY pleasing arrangement Val. That bg paper is gorgeous and sets off your die cuts a treat.

    No, we’ll never reach the end of our snippets pile, but it’s fun trying!!!

    Thanks for entering a piece of homework to the Snippets Playground. Croissants are available in this morning’s breakfast club - come and nab a few! Xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well I think you’ve done a grand job of arranging your snippets! Love that paper, and you’ve used my favourite embellishments of all time, those pebbles! Fab card Val xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. You've created yet another wonderful scene filled with eye candy! I love those birds in flight along with everything else. I'm pretty sure I have gremlins living in my house that keep adding snippets to my collection every night while I'm sleeping! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  8. You have mad a super card from your pile of white and cream. Your card looks fabulous and if you had not spilt the beans would not have thought it had been made from snippets. Hugs Mrs A.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Super card Val, a lovely scene and a great use of your snippets. I have more white and cream snippets too, although they are closely followed by the red ones. xx

    ReplyDelete