Pages

Tuesday 14 February 2023

Nesting Bird

 I'm sure Spring must be just around the corner and I enjoyed putting this card together although I have to say there were more dies in the set than I imagined and it did turn out to be a bit fiddly.  The leaves are so tiny!  I stamped and coloured the first layer of the nest together with a branch and of course the bird, before die cutting the rest of the components.  I had no idea how I wanted to put things together to build up a card but eventually decided on some ovals as a backing and then found patterned paper and other pieces of card to complete the job.  As usual I had a few 'dry runs' before I decided on the final layout, adding in a stamped, coloured and die cut spray of berries which I came across, left over from a previous project.


Nest, Branches and Bird - Nested Friends stamp and die sets Stampin' Up
Berries - Forever Fern stamp and die set also SU
Tiny Bird on Sentiment - Memory Box die set

7 comments:

  1. I'm hoping Spring is not far away as well, but in these parts things seems to be running late, our Snowdrops are only just in bloom.

    Your card certainly has promised of Spring though, you did well with the fiddly leaves, very pretty. Having said the Snowdrops are late, the birds do seem to have a spring in their step. Hope you received my mail and it's not gone to spam.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  2. That’s a very pretty springtime card Val. Nice layout xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. That’s adorable, spring is near! Xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. nice work on those fiddly dies and this card is the perfect nod to spring being here soon!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a pretty springlike card Val, and the different die cuts go together beautifully, and such a delightful patterned paper in the background..a super card! x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a beautiful creation and I agree with you on how tiny some die cut bits are.....I like the look of tiny flowers and leaves on our crafts but oh boy to work with them is another story ...so hats off to you!
    Cheers, Dr Sonia

    ReplyDelete
  7. So pretty and I love those little eggs.

    ReplyDelete