Pages

Thursday 3 March 2022

Allsorts Challenge #665

The challenge at Allsorts this week is **hand coloured or paper pieced image** and because the bird on this card was hand coloured I'm popping along to share it.  I started with some partial stencilling on a square of cream card; die cutting the swirl, sentiment label and two birds before colouring the larger of the birds using watercolour pencils.  The swirl was cut from a piece of Pixie Powder coloured kraft card which was left over from a recent project.


Birds - from Best Birds Stampin' Up (retired)
Swirl - Swirly Scribbles Stampin' Up (retired)
Stencil - Lavinia Stamps
Sentiment - from my favourite freebie sentiment stamp set

11 comments:

  1. A really beautiful card for a very difficult occasion, it's beautifully done in the subtle colours, many thanks for sharing with us at Allsorts this week, lovely to have you join in.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  2. So beautifully designed! Love the stenciling and gorgeous birds!
    Thank you so much for sharing with us at Allsorts challenge!
    Ellie
    Ellibelle's Corner

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely pastel colors for this sympathy card. Thank you for sharing with us at Allsorts challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your composition, Val, and am pinning this one! I have such difficulty knowing where to effortlessly place the elements in this beautiful way. Thank you for your best wishes for my upcoming surgery!🤞Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Val,
    a beautiful card and I loveyour wonderful design.
    The stencilling is fab and that colouring of that bird is wonderful.
    Love the pixie powder circles it looks so luxurious.
    I have lots of picie powders but can't remember where I put them when I reorganised my craft room 4 years ago.
    Lots of crafty love. Jenny L.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful sympathy card, Val. The stencilling make a lovely background for your little bird. xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. You colored that bird beautifully and I like how you put this pretty sympathy card together! NJ!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I like how you have pulled all the elements together on this card. Hugs mrs A.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a lovely sympathy card Val. Love all the elements of it. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love how you have put this together Val and the prettily coloured bird looks great over the circular swirly die and the Lavinia stencil is perfect for the background. x

    ReplyDelete