Pages

Sunday 24 May 2020

Trees


The stamp used on this card is one of my all time favourites and I've had the set so long it is one of the original wood-mounted kind.  I'm not too sure if it is still available but I know it was fairly recently because I spotted it in a catalogue.  On this occasion I've used it for a 'Sympathy' card although it is very versatile. I feel this type of cards needs to be fairly simple so I just stamped onto some green card, die cut into an oval and backed it with some brown.  A simple banner with the stamped words and a couple of pieces of  'card-candi'.  Reminder to self - I must try to use this more often because I have probably thousands of these embellishments in many colours.


Stamp - Lovely as a Tree from Stampin' Up
Ovals - dies from Tonic
Banner - Sue Wilson dies

7 comments:

  1. Beautiful card Val. I like a simple card for these sad occasions too. Hugs Rita xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely as a tree is a stamp set I still own too in the wooden blocks and I'll never part with it, because it makes wonderful cards like the sympathy card you just made! Very pretty and serene!

    ReplyDelete
  3. A perfect sympathy card, Val. I can see why this beautiful stamp is one of your favourites, so versatile for many different occasions. xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have this set but unmounted, it is so handy for so many occasions and it make a perfect sympathy card Val.

    Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Like Sue I have that tree set too but not mounted either. Got lots of candi as well. It seems to have fallen out of favour as you don't see on cards anymore. There was a craze a few years back of making your own! Hugs Mrs A.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Val

    Your image looks really, really useful. I can imagine it being used for lots of occasions.

    Let's hope this card isn't needed anytime soon!

    Love Jules xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a wonderful design for sympathy using this great stamp, Val! Love the green! This Stampin' Up stamp was my very first wooden set purchased back 20 years ago and they still sell it over here. It is the very definition of classic and so versatile, too! Stay well! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete