Pages

Sunday 25 June 2017

Pixie Snippets Playground Weeks 287/288

It is time again for the fortnightly challenge in the Playground where I imagine it has been very hot for most of the past week. I see it is a week since I last posted and  I'm sure I'm not the only person bemoaning the waste of crafting time because it has been too hot to do anything much apart from trying to cool down which was virtually impossible.  I've done a fair bit of reading and solved crosswords and Sudoku puzzles rather than being completely idle! Fortunately the temperatures have dropped a bit and I managed to make a card yesterday which, apart from the card blank and one base layer has been entirely made using snippets and left overs from other projects.

I started with a 7" white card blank, adding a die cut square which is slightly smaller.  I then set about scrabbling through my bits boxes to find snippets of card the same colour (Rich Razzleberry, a favourite of mine) and also some snippets of white Centura pearl card.   I had a pile of watercolour papers which had been coloured using Pixie Powders and also the last remaining die cut flowers left from a recent project. Four 'trellis' pieces were die cut along with four backing pieces from the same die set - yet another magazine freebie.  I pulled out a doily die which hasn't seen the light of day for a very long while, layering this onto a white scalloped circle with another smaller one on top for the die cut sentiment.  Going through some of my older dies I came across another neglected set which I've used to cut some leaves to back the flowers.  Would you believe I actually saved the waste shapes from the trellis die and you will spot three of them as flower centres - you don't have to be mad, but then maybe you do ... LOL.

As always it is well worth visiting the playground to see the pretty card made by Di and maybe you could use up some of your own snippets to make something - another opportunity to go into a draw for a crafty prize.


Trellis Dies - free with  Die-cutting Essentials magazine
Doily and Leaves - Marianne dies (different sets)
Scalloped Circles - Tattered Lace Dies
Sentiment - Crafter's Companion dies
Flowers - Stamps and dies by Sue Wilson Shaded Peony

11 comments:

  1. What a pretty card, hope to see you on the swings xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Like your trellis effect card Val and I'm sure those waste bits will come in handy for something

    Anne

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card, Val. I love the trellis die cuts, so pretty. Are we mad to keep those tiny bits of waste from die cuts? Probably yes, but you never know when they might come in handy! LOL! xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful card Val, lovely free die you have used, love the background colour and pretty flowers.
    I also have kept tiny bits from die cuts! not used any yet.
    Pam x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow this is gorgeous Val, I love the trellis die what a great freebie and a good way to use up the trellis waste by putting them into flowers centres too.

    Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very elegant card and the colours are really pretty, I love the clusters of flowers just in the one corner x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely card Val - great how you used the trellis die to form a border and also leftover dots for the flower centres. A really well thought out design!

    Hugs

    Di xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love this trellis die, Val!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This really is a beauty Val. The trellis is so pretty and I love the colours. Barbxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your gorgeous colours make a standout card. It's so very pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  11. This turned out to be so beautiful with all of those die-cut trellis elements and lovely flowers! The water colored panels just add to the beauty of your snippets make!

    ReplyDelete