Pages

Sunday 25 June 2017

A Problem Solved

Well actually more than one problem - my regular readers will probably remember my story about the gift box and my mad behaviour measuring soap and other items in the supermarket - HERE.  A friend very kindly gave me some smaller tablets of soap which she hoped I could use and then yesterday I saw a taller version of the box while watching a Tonic programme on Hochanda.  Unfortunately there wasn't a demonstration or any information as to how this taller box was made and a quick search on the internet didn't come up with the answer either.  Not to be beaten I had a try with some odd pieces of card and managed to work out how to make the taller box so I then did a 'proper' version in some nicer card with toning colours for the decorative panels (needed twice as many of those).  I've now folded a nice facecloth into the bottom of the box and popped one of the soaps on top - hey presto another prize for the Tombola stall.  Having a taller box will have widened the choice of items to pop inside.

This Tombola will be at a quilt exhibition in September and the money raised will be going to our local Hospice. It was decided to move away from the Bag Tombola idea which we've done for a few years (members made a selection of bags as prizes) and try a general stall with a variety of more general prizes - I reckon we've probably flooded the market with bags!!


Die - Tonic Marquee box (made twice as tall)
Card - Stampin' Up Perfect Plum and Pale Plum

5 comments:

  1. What a pretty gift box Val love the die and your colours

    Anne

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a beautiful gift box Val, I have this die too so I'll have to try this.

    Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a brilliant project, Val. Love the colours and such a useful size. xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the box, so glad you had a play and got it sorted, they'll make great prizes.

    ReplyDelete
  5. A really beautiful box Val and I love the colour. It sounds as if you're helping a very good cause. Hugs, Barbxx

    ReplyDelete