Pages

Tuesday 7 March 2017

Playground Snippets

I've managed to gather together quite a few snippets to make a card for the Playground challenge this time around - I must say it seems to have taken me most of the morning to make this card but I did need a coffee break as well - there was quite a lot of die cutting!!  I started with the window die and then gradually built the card around it.   A snippet of blue card was found for the background, followed by a brick patterned scrap of paper.  I then cut the window from a snippet of cream Centura Pearl card and the flowers and leaves from coloured scraps.  I spent some time thinking about how I could get some nice lace curtains until I remembered a small edge die which I cut out in cream pearl paper and cut in half to pop each side behind the window frame.  Some foliage was stamped at the bottom of the background piece and I added a kraft card picket fence.  The sentiment was stamped onto an odd piece of cream card before die cutting that and a kraft card layer using the next size of die. Finally a grabbed some butterfly dies and cut out some to flutter in the sky - phew, no wonder it took me ages to make.  Now of course I have loads of things to tidy away but that can wait until after lunch.


Window Box - Cottage Window die Crafter's Companion
Lace Curtains - Tiara mini edgeable die Crafter's Companion
Picket Fence - Sizzix die
Butterflies - free dies from magazine
Stamps used - all free ones from magazines
Brick Paper - free from magazine
Sentiment -  shape cut using Sue Wilson dies

5 comments:

  1. A fantastic card Val, it makes a super Get Well card and would also make a great New Home card too.

    Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Squeal! Val, this really is absolutely stunning! Amazing card, love all the elements and so clever how you did those 'net curtains' - brilliant use of snippets as well!

    Hugs

    Di xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this card Val, I love that window die so much more detail than the MB die! Your lace curtains are inspired!
    Val x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous card Val and your window box die is lovely and your 'freebie' butterflies are super..your card would cheer anyone up Val....

    Anne

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is absolutely brilliant. I love your wall and window. Perfectly in proportion. Hugs Mrs A.

    ReplyDelete