Pages

Tuesday 5 February 2013

Boy card

This cute boy with a kite image came to me courtesy of a kind friend so I duly coloured it with Flex Markers and made it into a card suitable to send to a boy.  I'm not sure simple kites are around any more, they seem to have gone very high-tech these days - hasn't everything??  Backing paper was from my stash and I dug out a scrap and some matching coloured card for the layering, added a piece of tied string and there it is - nothing too complicated.

We've had a mixture of hail and snow this morning after a very rough, wet and windy night - roll on spring!!


10 comments:

  1. A lovely boys card Val and like the added twine..yes its been a really strange day weather wise its now lovely and sunny

    Anne

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes roll on spring - I agree! Your card is very spring like - especially the lovely light colours. It's lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great card. Just perfect for a little boy. Hugs Rita xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's some nifty matching of colouring with the papers. Love the string with it . We've had the same & it's decidedly not weather to be out.
    Hope you're keeping warm.
    Paula (PEP)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes roll on spring
    Your card is lovely and perfect for a little boy

    Jackie x

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is lovely Val, great for a boy too. We might have the wind for a kite, just a shame its so cold. Still glad to say there's no snow here at present.

    Sue x

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think I know where that image came from! Nice colour mix again.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a fabulous image. Don't think I would have fancied flying a kite yesterday mind!! Hugs, Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi have had trouble with my internet security, you've made some lovely cards while I've been missing. Hugs x ChrisB

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a smashing image for a little boy's card Val and beautifully coloured. Lovely colour co-ordination of your backingpapers too.

    The weather has been terrible again this past week hasn't it. Tuesday morning here was horrendous with snow on top of black ice which made it lethal and boy, did it blow! I am so keeping my fingers crossed we don't get the promised snow tomorrow.

    Hugs
    Lesley XX

    ReplyDelete