Pages

Sunday 27 May 2012

Retro Flowers

I'm still managing to make something with some of my left-overs and this time it is mainly papers which were printed for a challenge at Funky Hand a couple of months ago and I only used part of the sheets.  I dug out a scrap of white card (loads of that in a box) and stamped and embossed a flower from Elusive Images (now Chocolate Baroque) Retro Vases and Flowers sheet. The wavy border was the 'waste' from a die cut  border, fancy tag was cut from a scrap of card and the sentiment punched from a page printed from the computer. On one of my previous tidy-up sessions I did actually punch or die cut various flowers, butterflies etc from the smaller scraps and save them in little boxes as I thought they would take up less space than heaps of card pieces.  This wasn't necessarily such a great idea because on the occasions when I think I need a flower or butterfly and turn to my little boxes there is often nothing in the right colours - this was the case here so I die cut these butterflies from the last scraps of these particular papers.


14 comments:

  1. Two cards with 'left overs' thats great just goes to show we shouldn't throw anything away!
    Lovely card Val and love this colour combination

    Anne

    ReplyDelete
  2. Another lovely card made from your scraps Val. I think I shall have to take a leaf out of your book and make some cards using some of my mass of scraps (4/5 boxes and counting). I'm really enjoying this wonderful weather, lets hope summer has started at long last.

    Sue x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Another great card made with scraps. Well done. Hugs x ChrisB

    ReplyDelete
  4. well done Val - think I shall really have to join in with the demolish-the-scrap-mountain movement the way my desk is getting heaped up!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a lovely card Val and well done on using up some more of your scraps

    Jackie x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well done on using your scraps Val - it's a lesson to us all. Note "I must remember to use my scraps"!!! lol. It's a great card Val - really punchy colours.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I know that feeling about delving in the box for a punched scrap only to find the colour isn't quite right!! I like the way you balanced the bright colours using the olive/sage green & the plain white.
    Paula (PEP)

    ReplyDelete
  8. another great card
    thanks for joining us at Get Funky
    Allisonx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Pretty card Val, loved the thistle stamp. How true that using up the scraps to have a selection of punched embellies always ends up with never having the right colour!!
    Val x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely x like your new banner x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gorgeous. Thanks for joining us again on the Get Funky challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  12. ooh v nice val good work on the embossing and fab choice of funky hand products

    ReplyDelete
  13. Val this is stunning hun, I love the butterfly too. Such happy and cheery colours.
    thank you for getting funky with us
    hugs Lou xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Such a pretty card and great colours! Thanks for entering the Get Funky! Challenge – hope you can join us again next time on the Funky Fifteenth! Get Funky!

    ReplyDelete