Pages

Wednesday 25 April 2012

Froggy Get Well

I decided I needed to make something bright and cheery on this very dark and wet morning - been raining steadily since well before I got up. I know we are supposed to need rain but surely not all at once!!

This frog character is from Docrafts Diggity Dog range.  Backing paper is from my stash and I just had to use my first Memory Box die - I've managed to resist buying any of these so far but I must say this one cut beautifully so I may be tempted with more.  Most of them are quite finely detailed and I'd imagined they would be difficult to remove from the die but fortunately this wasn't the case - came out so easily.


7 comments:

  1. Lovely get well card Val...love the little froggy and I think I spy something new...your tassatina die...its looks great..lovely color combination on your card...

    Anne

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely colours Val and that frog made me smile!
    Val x

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a cheery card - love the combo of colours and design. I must be really behind with developments - not heard of these dies!!! Will have to investigate. Hope you are well - obviously we had the same idea this morning to combat the depressing weather. Happy crafting, ikki x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely card it cheered me up this wet morning. The die looks great. Hugs x ChrisB

    ReplyDelete
  5. A lovely bright and cheery get well card Val. The little frog is great and I really like your new die cut. I've looked at these dies and thought the same as you, as regards how well they would release from the metal of the die. But my Mum bought one at a recent show and they are fine, so I think I will be investing in some soon.

    Sue x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh oh oh - I've looked at those dies & have been resisting but I've heard that tumble dryer sheets rubbed on dies prior to cutting makes release very easy indeed. I must admit I can see lots of uses for the little cut out pieces of that die too. I do like your cheery frog & the way that die picks up on diamond shapes of your backing paper.
    Paula (PEP)

    ReplyDelete
  7. That frog is so sweet. Love your colour combo again and that die is very impressive (if a little naughty!). Jill

    ReplyDelete