Pages

Friday 23 September 2011

Forgotten Friday 33

When I saw the Midweek Motivation post on the MMM challenge I remembered that several years ago I'd bought a reel of this DIY aluminium tape and that it was somewhere in my craft stash (certainly not purchased for DIY). Believe it or not I actually knew where it was so I dug it out to use for Judith's Forgotten Friday challenge this week - it certainly qualifies because it hasn't seen the light of day for many years. I stuck a piece of it onto some card and then cut out a small birdcage using a Tim Holtz Sizzix die - this was coloured using alcohol inks.  The robin was cut out with a Stampin Up two step bird punch - another item which probably hasn't been used for a couple of months - I cut an extra wing in red to turn it into a robin.
Background is a piece of Kraft card stamped using a lovely brocade stamp from Chocolate Baroque - again a neglected item.  The clock die cut was sent to me by a very kind friend and I sponged it with Distress ink and then rubbed some Treasure gold on to show up the pattern on the centre which I'd put through a Cuttlebug embossing folder. A ticket style Christmas Greeting from Cuddly Buddly and there it is a sort of vintage meets steampunk Christmas card.



9 comments:

  1. Another great card Val, you do steampunk very well. I love the embossed centre of your clock, it's a great idea. I love the golds and browns together, they make a great combination. Thanks for joining in again this week, I should create a loyalty badge for you, hugs, Judith xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very impressed with your steampunk work Val..and pleased to see you have used one of your clocks...

    Anne

    ReplyDelete
  3. lovely card Val -I may get converted to steampunk yet! Like the way you adapted the bird punch, great idea

    ReplyDelete
  4. A beautiful card Val. I love the colours and that cute little robin, and I feel that I need the clock. Do you know the make of die that it is?

    Sue x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great card Val ,love the clock and how you embossed it. Hugs x ChrisB

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the little robin - super idea with the extra punched wing in red. Very striking & imaginative once again. The Weathered Clock Die looks brilliant - have put that Tim Holtz Bigz Die on my show shopping list for next week.
    I particularly like how you've made a centre face for it with the embossing folder.
    Paula (PEP)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great vintage/steampunk card Val. Love the clock die cut and your imaginative use of the foil....... now, I've got some of that somewhere - but where? lol

    ReplyDelete
  8. Glad to see you found your aluminium tape and made such good use of it Val. Thanks for sharing it with us at Make My Monday too.
    Fliss xx

    ReplyDelete