Pages

Wednesday 16 March 2011

Lace Template

Papermania have recently produced some dies which cut lacé designs - a technique I did try years ago with a metal template and craft knife (without a great deal of success) it was far too fiddly for my liking. This way the die does the work and all that remains is to fold over the cut elements.  I added a little punched flower to the centre and then assembled it into a card with a Pampered Pets stamp which was given away free as a taster earlier this year and an embossed faux postage. Background paper was lurking in my oddments box.
I'm demonstrating use of the Big Shot next month and this will probably be one of my samples so certain people had better look away now!!


6 comments:

  1. What a great card, I too have done lace with template and knife and was never happy with the results. I will have to keep my eyes open for these dies, the results are so good.
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have some of these types of dies for my Double Do XL - I too tried making them with a craft knife and ruler without much success - like you say too fiddly and time consuming.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well Val its a long time since I have seen any Lace cards so well done for fishing out your templates... Lovely card I and just love that stamp..

    Anne

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a time saver these new dies are Val. I have seen them but was waiting for someone else to buy and post before doing anything about it!!! lol A really pretty card.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely card Val, I tryed it with a knife and gave up. Not seen the dies. Hugs x ChrisB

    ReplyDelete
  6. That lace die is beautiful, but I expect very fiddly to do, you did a good job.
    Jose

    ReplyDelete