Pages

Saturday 5 February 2011

Forgotten Friday

Some time last year Judith started a challenge called Forgotten Friday but had to abandon it temporarily to look after her menfolk - welcome back!  The idea is to make an item  using something which you've had for a while but has perhaps lain neglected and unused.  For this card I've used something new with something 'forgotten'.  The background paper is from a Papermania pad which I must have had for at least three years and I can't remember the last time I used one of the pieces;  the bird is a Stampin Up punch which I've had a while and dug it out again to use when I got a matching stamp set to give the bird body some detail - the same thing with the flowers because there was a flower stamp to match a flower punch too. The circular frame is a Marianne die cut. The sentiment is a stamp from Elusive Images which I recently rediscovered when I was going through my stash of stamps seeking inspiration.

4 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for supporting my Forgotten Friday mission. You supported me last time, and I was really grateful then. This is a lovely card, I'm very fond of birds, and I love the stamp detail on its body. The layout is fab, and that stamp set from Elusive Images is such a versatile set, I use it all of the time. Judith xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pretty card Val and dont you feel better for using up that 'neglected' paper and you've just reminded me I haven't used my bird punch for ages.

    Anne

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely card Val - especially like the Marianne die; which one is it? Also congratulations on being spotlighted in Ikki's blog!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Val Love your card especially that bird punch and stamp. Very pretty. I also want that die but vowed I won't spend any more money until payed all my bills in March, plus it's my Hubby's 60th. Enjoy the rest of your weekend. Hugs x ChrisB

    ReplyDelete