Pages

Monday 8 November 2010

Birdy Birthday

I came across this birdy image when going through a box of bits and pieces and have made it into a card. Background paper is by Papermania with scraps also from the box. I made the flowers using new quilling dies from X-cut and the leaves were a couple of odd ones left over from another project and were printed from a Polkadoodles CD and cut out.  I've always hankered after one of the little machines for cutting the fringing needed to make these flowers but they are quite expensive and I've always resorted to cutting them with scissors before which is effective but quite time consuming so as soon as I spotted these dies I knew I had to have them.

4 comments:

  1. Hi. what a lovely chirpy card for a grey Monday. Lovely really cheered me up. The flowers look great.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That little birdie is singing his little heart out...lovely card Val..

    Anne

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad you used up this really lovely image Val. The little chap giving us all a song is so cute and I can see why you love the flower die too. Those flowers look really good. Lovely card altogether!

    I'm still having a bit of trouble keeping up at the moment with various family demands taking priority I'm afraid. Nothing serious, just family life in general. I had more free time before I retired, Ha! Ha!

    Hugs
    Lesley Xx

    ReplyDelete