Pages

Thursday 1 July 2010

A Bracelet


A kind friend took me to a Bead Fair a couple of weeks ago and I managed to buy the beads to make this bracelet designed by Jennifer Airs which I've been wanting to try for a long time.  It is in Peyote stitch using different sizes and types of beads ranging from size 11 seed beads up to size 5 triangles with other sizes of seed beads, triangles and drop beads in between.  The use of varying sizes with this stitch results in a three dimensional effect.

4 comments:

  1. Wow Val, this is absolutely stunning. I am so looking forward to your Bower Hinton workshop....... but I'm sure we won't produce anything like this fantastic piece.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is great Val, meant to ask how you got on - very impressed you have made that already, I bought stuff there last year and haven't really got very far yet!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Val this is just beautiful.....gosh it must have taken you ages to do this, I shall look forward to seeing it 'in the flesh'.

    Anne

    ReplyDelete
  4. Crikey Val, this is so unusual and dramatic. I love it! I bet your female nearest and dearest love Christmas and birthdays, lol!

    Hugs
    Lesley Xx

    ReplyDelete