Pages

Saturday 11 March 2017

More Magazine Freebies

I have cut down on the number of magazines I pick up although I have to admit I still get tempted if there is a good free gift which I think I will use on more than just one occasion.  This fairy set was one such set which included an embossing folder and a set of fairy stamps (14 stamps in all).  I had a piece of watercolour paper which had been coloured with Pixie Powders so I put part of it through the embossing folder before carefully inking the embossed area with a black marker.  The fairy and sentiment were stamped onto this in black and the edges sponged with matching ink.  A larger piece of the coloured card was used as a background, topped with a piece of purple card which had a corner die cut to show the colours through.  Three little gems and that's it.  The mica in the Pixie powders gives a lovely sheen which unfortunately doesn't show in the picture.


Watercolour paper coloured with Pixie Powders
Corner die - Mixed media die from Tim Holtz
Dandelion - free embossing folder with magazine
Fairy and sentiment - stamps from free set with magazine

8 comments:

  1. A gorgeous card Val, I love the background you've made for the stamps and the colours you've used. I bought this magazine as well as the stamps looked lovely.

    Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's not easy to resist temptation when you are a crafter Val but you've made a lovely card with your 'freebie' gift..

    Anne

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this card Val. There's so much movement in it and I love the effects you've got with the Pixie Powders. I've got this set and not used it yet um! Barbxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oooh lovely fairy card! Don't blame you for cutting down on mags, they are so expensive and there's plenty of free inspiration on the Internet!

    Hugs, Sarn xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Val

    A great creation with your free gift! I am sure you will use it lots and lots.

    I love your choice of colours and that lush background very much.

    I hope all is good at your end.

    Love Jules xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. so pretty...love the bkg.
    TFS,
    Karen

    ReplyDelete