Saturday, 2 June 2012

Forgotten Friday challenge

When I used an actual pen nib on a project recently it reminded me that I have a Tim Holtz stamp with them on which I've certainly not used in a very long time - not sure why really because it is a very useful stamp for those not so easy 'cards for men'. This of course makes this card suitable for Judith's Forgotten Friday challenge.  I'd also been using alcohol inks and had some spare pieces left over so one of those was used rather than store it away in 'the boxes'!! I embossed a scrap of black card and added a little Treasure Gold, then tore a page from a very old book and stamped with a Brocade design (Chocolate Baroque) using Versamark and clear embossing to act as a resist.   This paper was then torn and sponged with Distress ink.  The words were printed using a label making machine, cut out individually and added.

Thursday, 31 May 2012

Still Using Scraps

Well the sunshine seems to have disappeared for the moment - probably because the holiday weekend is coming up.  Today's card is made from some more of my scraps and I've realised that working in this way it takes longer to produce a card than starting with new pieces of card and paper and also requires some ingenuity and brain power but I will persevere.  Backing paper here is from Stampin' Up; the Top Note shape was cut using a Sizzix die and stamped with a Wisteria stamp from Chocolate Baroque; bird bath was made from punched ovals and the bird was the Bird on Branch punch from SU.  The flowers had been printed from a CD (forget which one) and I'd cut out quite a few and stored away (a good job to do sitting comfortably in front of the fire when the weather was cold); leaves were cut with a Marianne die; a scrap of cream embossed card and punched greeting complete this card.

Wednesday, 30 May 2012

Simply Stampin' Challenge 61

On Simply Stampin' challenge this week there is a sketch to use as inspiration - also lots of great ideas from the Design Team so well worth taking a look. At risk of being boring I'm still using leftovers as much as possible although the 'mountain' doesn't seem to be decreasing in size yet!!.  The Stampin' Up  backing paper was a piece cut to size for a previous project but not used because it didn't  look right and all of the die cut and punched, stamped shapes were cut from odd bits and pieces.  Flowers were stamped with Posy Punch, cut with the matching punch; leaves punched using the Bird on a Branch; layered shapes were die cut Nestabilities and the long strips used the Dotted Scallop ribbon punch.

Tuesday, 29 May 2012

Make My Monday week 51

This is the final week on the Make My Monday FLOWERS challenge and this week Suzi was asking for something in PINK, GREEN and WHITE.  I've used a Penny Black stamp onto some white card and coloured using Promarkers. Still going along with my personal challenge to use bits from my leftovers boxes I sorted out some suitable background paper, ran a piece of green card through an M-bossabilities folder,  cut a fancy corner using a Marianne die and punched out a computer-printed greeting.  Just to take the 'using everything' to extremes you can maybe guess where the three little pink squares on the top corner came from LOL!! but I didn't save the rest of the little bits.  As usual the Design Team came up with some lovely ideas for this challenge so do pop over and take a look and maybe have a go yourself.

Monday, 28 May 2012

Sunday Stampers week 207

Time for the Sunday Stampers challenge again - gosh the weeks do pass by quickly! This time the theme is WORDS and I've done a sort of double challenge because I actually managed to make this card without breaking into anything other than my scrap bits boxes.  Backing paper was a lucky find with illuminated type letters on it, the diamond border was a scrap left from a previous project - stamped with flitter glue using an Indigo Blu stamp and gilded with flakes.  The die cut shape was cut from a remnant of card printed with Love Letters (a brilliant download from Chocolate Baroque) using a Sizzix die; the sentiment is a stamp from Chocolate Baroque Artistic Affirmations cut with Nestabilities; grungeboard swirl and layered flower were also oddments from the boxes.  I always seem to have leftovers when I do any die-cutting in more than one colour so it was good to be able to use these up here.

Sunday, 27 May 2012

Retro Flowers

I'm still managing to make something with some of my left-overs and this time it is mainly papers which were printed for a challenge at Funky Hand a couple of months ago and I only used part of the sheets.  I dug out a scrap of white card (loads of that in a box) and stamped and embossed a flower from Elusive Images (now Chocolate Baroque) Retro Vases and Flowers sheet. The wavy border was the 'waste' from a die cut  border, fancy tag was cut from a scrap of card and the sentiment punched from a page printed from the computer. On one of my previous tidy-up sessions I did actually punch or die cut various flowers, butterflies etc from the smaller scraps and save them in little boxes as I thought they would take up less space than heaps of card pieces.  This wasn't necessarily such a great idea because on the occasions when I think I need a flower or butterfly and turn to my little boxes there is often nothing in the right colours - this was the case here so I die cut these butterflies from the last scraps of these particular papers.