It is inevitable when one has lots of stamps as I have that some (or many in my case) get neglected from time to time so I decided to dig out this Vintage Vogue set from Stampin Up and make a card. Background paper is also theirs and for the sentiment and corners I used SU punches. I masked an area with the cut out waste from a Nestabilities label before overstamping and adding the flowers. I stamped some extra flowers while I had the stamps out on my desk and these will need to be cut out at some time and used up (not left lying in a box unused!!).
Saturday, 13 November 2010
Friday, 12 November 2010
I think so far I have managed to take part in all of the Bah Humbug challenges so with this week I must have made at least 44 seasonal cards which is great. A little while ago one of the magazines gave away some Christmas templates to draw around and cut out and I made one of these reindeer which has been sitting in my box just waiting to be used. I have popped him onto Nestabilities and used some bits and pieces of background paper from my oddments box, corners were cut using scraps with an EK success punch and the greeting was stamped and cut out with stampin Up punches. The holly is from Polkadoodles.
Monday, 8 November 2010
I came across this birdy image when going through a box of bits and pieces and have made it into a card. Background paper is by Papermania with scraps also from the box. I made the flowers using new quilling dies from X-cut and the leaves were a couple of odd ones left over from another project and were printed from a Polkadoodles CD and cut out. I've always hankered after one of the little machines for cutting the fringing needed to make these flowers but they are quite expensive and I've always resorted to cutting them with scissors before which is effective but quite time consuming so as soon as I spotted these dies I knew I had to have them.
Sunday, 7 November 2010
The challenge at Bah Humbug this week is fancy folds and one of the DT used the very first idea which came into my head as I read it so had to have a rethink. I decided on some Tea Bag folding and made this seasonal wreath to which I added a gold ribbon bow and some jewels. It is mounted on a Nestabilities circle which has been embossed with Cuttlebug snowflakes and backed with gold mirri which of course doesn't show up well in the scan. Background paper is from Dovecraft and squares were cut from the same design to make the wreath. A simple card but it does feature folds.
Just saying a quick hello this morning - I've been busy demonstrating beading for a couple of days so lots of catching up to do on emails, blogs and so on not to mention the dreaded h****work!! I hope to be back later with my card for this week's Bah Humbug challenge.