The theme for the next Allsorts Challenge is **Sympathy/Thinking of You** and has been chosen by Gail. There is the usual *Anything Goes* option as well of course. The prize is from Highlight Crafts and full details can be seen on the Allsorts blog post.
For my card this time I decided to use My Craft Studio and I looked through images on some of my quite old CDs to select a suitable background design. Can't remember now which CD collection this one came from - sorry. My intention was to produce a digital stencilled effect and this involved using the 'digital punch' function within the programme. (there are lots of punch designs to choose from). Luckily I spotted a tutorial on You Tube to remind me of how this was done because it's quite a while since I'd used the programme for anything other than printing and/or resizing digital images. Once printed I cut the panel using a stained glass die and backed it with a toning square of card. A white die cut flower was added for extra interest.
Background - My Craft Studio Artwork CD (programme from Highlight Crafts)
Flower - Wildflower Stems die set from Sizzix
Stained Glass Die - Creative Expressions
WOW Val. This card is amazing. I love the background effect you created and the added die cut flower works so well for that ‘little something extra’. LOVE this xxx
ReplyDeleteYou've done a beautiful job in MCS Val, a lovely card for purpose.
ReplyDeleteB x
Just saw your comment, photo upload also a problem several of were having during the week!
ReplyDeleteB x
How striking with your background and die cut!
ReplyDeleteLove this Val. The added flower is a perfect t finishing touch.
ReplyDeleteI think we’re not the only ones getting frustrated with the glitches with Blogger. At least I can upload photos onto a post now, but it is frustrating with the Reading List not updating issue.
Liz xx
Gorgeous card Val - love everything about it x
ReplyDeleteSuch a great card!
ReplyDeleteSo beautiful and pretty colors!
ReplyDeleteA gorgeous card, Val! I never think of designing with digital images, your card is giving me ideas... x
ReplyDeleteFabulous card Val, love the colours and the flower adds the finishing touch.
ReplyDeleteOh that is so pretty Val. Love the colour combo too!
ReplyDeleteYou've MCS to great effect and produced a lovely striking card.
ReplyDelete