The black cat here is maybe not lucky - seems as if he's sitting on the windowsill asking to be let in ☺️. For this card I used some dies from a fairly new set , whereas I've had the cat dies for more years than I care to think. The flowers and foliage were stamped, coloured and die cut. The cottage window and window box were die cut and coloured by sponging with Distress inks. Background was stencill3ed lightly to resemble a stone wall. There wasn't a die for the window blind so I trimmed a scrap of patterned paper to fit and die cut a fancy edge for the bottom. In fact I was somewhat surprised by the size of these dies - I really should take more care reading measurements before ordering items as I found the space available on my usual 6" card was a bit on the cramped side and I really don't want to launch into making larger cards. Never mind, I'm sure I will manage some different layouts at some point and I do enjoy a challenge. I had a totally different layout in my head for this one but was unable to fit some of the other elements I intended 🙄
Cottage Window - die set from Craft Addiction UK
Wall Bracket - die from Gummiapan
Flowers and Foliage - stamps/dies Pots of Joy from CAUK
Cat - die set from Impression Obsession which I've had for many years
Brick Wall - unbranded stencil

No comments:
Post a Comment