Pages

Monday 21 October 2024

Patterned Papers

 The theme for the latest Allsorts Challenge is **Patterned Papers** or of course the usual *Anything Goes* and there are some great prizes.  I have to say that I use far fewer patterned papers for my cards these days although that's not because I don't have any, despite having given away quite a lot in an effort to 'clear the decks' a little.  For this floral card I turned to a stamp set which had some double-sided matching design papers, selecting a floral paper for the background and then using the reverse of the design to cut a narrow strip to pop over the top.  The flower was stamped onto a piece of white card and cut out using a die from  the matching die set.  The sentiment was on my desk, left from a previous project but I believe it came from another floral set made by the same company.  The tiny butterflies were also on my desk in a little pot of 'useful bits'.


Stamps - Penned Petals from Stampin' Up with matching DSP and die set (retired)
Sentiment - from another SU stamp set


3 comments:

  1. Very pretty Val … great coordination. I’m the same … I have quite a lot of patterned paper but have mostly relegated it to my spares cupboard upstairs! Thinking if fishing some out this afternoon though … x

    ReplyDelete
  2. OOOH! I have some of those tiny butterflies kindly donated to me! Good idea to surround the flower with them all fluttering by! LOVE those SU papers and the card you've made with them.
    Hugs, Sarn xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous colour palette Val and how nice with DP's to match the stamp, lovely to see you at Allsorts again, thank you.

    B x

    ReplyDelete