Pages

Thursday 5 September 2024

Inspiration

 Inspiration is all around us and sometimes when I'm trying to decide what technique to use for my next card I turn to the Group of Seven Cardmakers where there is a wealth of ideas to be found along with tutorials and links to videos.  For today's card I've used a colouring technique using a Speedball Elegant Writer and if you look HERE you will find full details and examples by the various members of this talented group.

This is my first time trying this pen and it was fascinating to see just how the colour changed as I added water, blotting with kitchen paper along the way.  I started by stamping the flower using second generation Versafine Clair Twilight ink which I thought would be less harsh than using black. I'm looking forward to trying this pen on a selection of different paper or card to see what variations are possible.  For this one I used some watercolour paper.


 Stamp - Sketch Flower from Crafty Roo, fussy cut
Colouring - Speedball Elegant Writer 1.3 mm pen
Texture Background - unbranded die

6 comments:

  1. That's a lovely card with the pretty flower and great background.
    I found the EW pen colour separation worked best on watercolour paper, but had decent results from 300gsm card too. Experimentation is key!
    Hugs, Sarn xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. That’s pretty Val, love the fussy cut flower and die cut, interesting pen xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such an elegant card Val, the trellis backdrop works perfectly to set off the bloom.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  4. You nailed this technique with a beautiful and colorful flower. Gorgeous birthday card, great work!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful elegant card Val, and I think I definitely need to look into this colouring technique as I’ve not heard of it before xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. You've used the EW beautifully and the die behind the flower is the perfect touch for this CAS card.

    ReplyDelete