Pages

Sunday 18 August 2024

Snippets Playground Challenge #487

 Time for a new challenge in the Playground and some super items in the prize pot as always so why not have a rummage through your Snippets and have a go.

I really was intending to stick by my decision not to purchase any new Christmas-themed items but as you've probably guessed by now I'm weak when faced with temptation 🤣.  This rather cute Santa just had to come and live with me so I rifled through my smaller snippets to find pieces to die cut him - I also remembered to take a pic of the remnants too.  I found a white snippet square which was slightly smaller than my base card and cut a decorative circle from that, which was backed with a snippet of blue snowflake paper.  The Santa and Ho, Ho Ho were cut from suitably coloured snippets and that's it really - a fairly simple card to make once Santa was assembled. Don't you just love his big boots and gold-rimmed specs 😊


Circle Die - from a Stampin' Up set (retired I think)
Santa - dies from Amazon
Words - unbranded die which I've had since last year


I remembered to take a picture of the remnants

6 comments:

  1. Ho ho ho indeed! He is a cute Santa and I DO love his boots and gold spec's. That's a lot of snippet die cutting - but worth it!

    Thanks for entering a piece of homework to the Snippets Playground. See you up in the treehouse for some bubbly later. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great card Val, what a fabulous Santa! I’m not surprised that he had to come and live with you. xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loads of patience Val which was well rewarded cos he's such a lovely Santa!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I understand completely why this little Santa had to come live with you - he's adorable, and so is your snippets card!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I’m glad he came home with you, soooooo cute, and a great way to use up the teeny snippets, fiddly I expect, but worth it! Xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Aw Val, your Santa card is absolutely adorable. Such a sweet Santa, lovely layout and of course the sentiment is perfect!

    Hugs
    Di xx

    ReplyDelete