Pages

Thursday 18 July 2024

Texture Paste

 A bit of mixed media to share today using home made texture paste and a stencil.  There are recipes/tutorials available online - instructions for almost anything we'd ever need or want to do seem to be available if you search 🤣.  I started by cutting a panel of card slightly smaller than the actual card and smooshed it around in some inks, also adding some visual texture with a small text stamp before applying the paste through a stencil over part of the area.  Leaving that to dry I then stamped the flower onto a scrap of white card and coloured it .  This was then fussy cut and placed over the textured area using thin foam pads.  A simple computer sentiment and that was it,  job done.


Stamp - from Aall & Create
Stencil - one I've had a long time

7 comments:

  1. Ooooh, this ticks all my boxes Val, it's just gorgeous and the tone on tone colours give such a summery feel.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your home-made texture paste looks amazing on this pretty card. Good for you creating your own!

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE a bit of homemade texture paste - smells so lovely and works a treat, adding interest to a card. You KNOW I’m gonna adore this make with it’s mixed media elements and one of my favourite flower stamps. 😍

    ReplyDelete
  4. One of my most go to stash is texture paste Val but haven't made my own so will try it. Lovely card and lovely shades! x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Super card, Val. I love the textured stencilling. I really ought to experiment with textured paste, I'm not sure why I'm so afraid of it! 🤣
    Liz xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great mixed media Val, love all the layers, and congratulations on your circles win too! Xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love it - pretty in pink too.

    ReplyDelete