Pages

Wednesday 12 June 2024

Snippets Playground #482

 Time to pop along to the Snippets Playground with my homework for the current challenge where I'm sure pretty well everyone knows that usually the only requirement is that we try not to harm any full sheets of card or paper when making our cards. My snippets 'mountain' is the first place I look when setting out to make a card and I also have a collection of left over die cuts and other oddments which often remain on my desk once a project is completed.  Obviously we need to cut into whole pieces of  card occasionally but then of course that leaves us with more to add to the snippets pile 😉.  I started with my usual square card blank and trimmed a snippet of cream card to be slightly smaller - this was then embossed with a brick wall pattern.  Next step was to raid my snippets of kraft card to die cut the steps/shelf unit on which to place the plants.  The cats, butterflies, most of the foliage and the pots were found in my collection of useful left over bits and I only needed to find some small snippets for a few extra leaves and pots.  The scalloped border used to ground everything was also a snippet which was lying around waiting to be used.  Sentiment was produced on the computer and die cut from the printed sheet. Sorry no photo of snippets 'cos most were cut ages ago.


Steps/Shelf Unit - unbranded die
Leaves and Pots - mix of dies from Sizzix, Stampin' Up and magazine freebies
Cats - Impression Obsession (I think)
Border - very ancient Tim Holtz die (Sizzix)
Butterflies - die from Crafter's Companion
Brick Wall - 3D embossing folder from Stampin' Up

 

7 comments:

  1. LOVE this scenic card Val. I think you must have a lot of patience to stick all those tiny dies into place!

    Thanks for entering homework to the Snippets Playground. See you up in the treehouse later (or behind the bike sheds if you want an ice cream!). x

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a sweet scene Val and very resourceful use of your snippets.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a cat lover's dream of a card with all those cats and potted plants that cats can't seem to resist toying around with. Love those butterfly accents too on this fun snippets make!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The cute cats and butterflies are having a lovely playtime amongst the pots and plants, a lovely restful scene Val xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my word Val - what a delightful card and a ton of snippets used as well! LOVE it!!

    Hugs
    Di xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've had those same sizzix dies out recently - but for a DT project so won't be shown for a while. Those ones you put at the bottom I ended up using a promarker to colour the triangle bits. Not sure if they cut them out or if you did? It's a fab card and similar to my design! Love the addition of the little cats.

    ReplyDelete