Pages

Wednesday 5 June 2024

Floral Card

 I've not posted for a few days, partly because I felt I should take advantage of some of the drier days we've been having and attempt to tidy up my wilderness of a garden.  I know we're being encouraged to 'go wild' but a certain amount of control is necessary to keep things under a bit of control. Anyway I have a floral card to share today.  I started with some Distress inks applied to one of the shapes which I made by cutting down an A5 sheet of clear stamp material into a few smaller useful sizes.  Spritzed the ink lightly with water and then stamped it onto a piece of white card.  I then 'smooshed' other colours onto oddments of white card and stamped the floral corner three times and some leaves, all of which were then fussy cut and arranged at the base of the shape. Using these 'inky play' pieces to die cut flowers and leaves results in interesting variations of colour without having to colour in by hand.  A simple birthday greeting and a slightly larger layer of yellow card to tone and that's it - another card for the box.

                                              

Sentiment - computer generated using MS Word
Flowers - stamp set from Crafty Roo One of a Kind Corner (only the flower used)
Leaves - from a Craft Magic Floral set


7 comments:

  1. Sounds very productive use of your time Val, all this rain has made things grow like fury. Wild is nice but in the right place, we are fortunate to be able to leave about an acre to it's own devises and it's lovely to see not only the wild flowers but all the wildlife it attracts.

    A very pretty card as well the the inky masked panel.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes the garden is flourishing and so are the weeds! This is a pretty card and reminds me of a stamp I bought in the recent sale - must get it inked!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those multi colored flowers look so pretty on that yellow background. My internet has been working intermittently today, but mostly OFF LOL Enjoy your gardening too

    ReplyDelete
  4. A lovely card Val, great idea to smoosh scraps of card to create the colour! I’m intrigued by the clear stamp material 🧐🤔 xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous inking and cutting out to make this pretty floral card.
    Congrats on getting the garden under control. I’ve been weeding in mine! Xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Absolutely gorgeous Val! I love the vibrant colours - we all seem to have raced off to the Roo sale!

    Hugs
    Di xx

    ReplyDelete