Pages

Monday 20 May 2024

Sentiment Frame

 I saw a video recently where Chrissie Stokes explained how she made a sentiment frame using Microsoft Word - link to video is  HERE.  I thought I'd give it a try but unfortunately I have a quite different version of Word so had to 'wing it' a bit to achieve a result.   It seems to me that the newer versions of Word are far more complicated than the versions I've been used to along the way although they seem to have more functions these days.  Anyway I achieved something usable and have printed it onto a piece of DSP and then used a square die to cut out the panel.  I decided to make a postage stamp style of card using a very ancient Spellbinders die which hasn't seen the light of day for some time.  A smaller square panel was cut to fit and then stamped with a text background and some other stamps, mostly magazine freebies which I have in my collection.  Background DSP is from a Phill Martin pad.



6 comments:

  1. Fabulous looking card - with a vintage feel. Love it. Xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. As Sarn said it's got a lovely Vintage look Val and the postage stamp focal panel very effective.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, would never thought of putting DSP in the printer, fab idea, and what a fabulous card, love all the layers xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great card Val. Thanks for the link to the video. Like you, my version of Word is very different, so I’ll have to wing it too. 😊
    Liz xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Way to explore your Word software to create the word frame. It turned out quite well and I love that postage stamp - it adds a vintage touch

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your frame looks fine Val…you’ve created a lovely card

    Anne

    ReplyDelete