Pages

Sunday 19 November 2023

Santa Cats

I was planning to have a little break from making Christmas cards when I heard that I'd been lucky enough to win a prize in the special Cat Lovers Christmas challenge and sure enough a package arrived through my letter box containing a stamp set from Inkylicious who were one of the generous sponsors.  Of course I just had to have a play and have actually made two cards using these fun stamps - just love the twist on the words which I didn't  spot until I'd stamped it 😉.  The first one was made using a piece of watercolour card from my pile of 'inky play' pieces which I think was done with either Pixie Powders or Brushos.  For the second I started with a blank piece of smooth white card and blended purple ink after first masking off the moon..  Two slightly different effects but using the same stamps.  I eventually managed to get a snowy effect on the branches after trying several white pens, none of which seem to work particularly well.  I had to resort to using a Posca pen but would have really preferred something with a much finer nib.  I think I might add a little sparkle with some Glamour dust - not quite decided yet 😉.

The stamp was used 'as is' for the first card but I extended the branches for the second with a bit of repeat stamping






7 comments:

  1. A nice win Val and two pretty cards. I find white pens very hit and miss, I know a lot depends on the background but even then nothing certain. In fact, the one I bough from Inkylicious is one of the best recently.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely stamp set to win Val...lovely Christmas card

    Anne

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on your win. Love both cards you’ve made with the purrize!!! Xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great win, and you’ve done a great job with it , love how you extended the branch. I wouldn’t have spotted the play on merry 😂. I recently got a fine posca from Clarity (0.7 I think), but your snow looks good to me xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. WTG on that great win and I just love both cards you created with those cute cats! I love how you extended the branch in the 2nd card. It's perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a lovely pair of cards Val - so pretty! Well done on your recent win as well - go girl!

    Hugs
    Di xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Val

    Two lovely cards .. .. the extended branches on the second one looks amazing! Great idea!

    Love the little santa hats.

    Hope your week is off to a good start.

    Love Jules xx

    ReplyDelete