Pages

Wednesday 9 August 2023

Snippets Playground #460

 Christmas in July has finished in the Snippets Playground but I've made another seasonal card this time as I really wanted to incorporate the little lantern (with tiny candle) which was gifted to me by a generous friend who shared some of her white snippets with me.  I thought it would sit well within a wreath design so I set about cutting all the components from my Christmassy snippets collection.


I had a white snippet which I die cut into a stitched square to fit the wreath but I have to say I had to cut into whole pieces of the design paper and the red card for the other two layers - still plenty of that left for another project of course.   The lantern was coloured using a black Wink of Stella brush pen which has given it a subtle metallic sheen and I sponged a touch of yellow ink onto the background for a 'glow' effect.  I've not decided whether to pop a sentiment on this one or just to leave it to speak for itself.


A super prize for a lucky winner as always so why not sort out some of your snippets and pop along to the Playground - where the sun always shines 😄

Background - printed from a Buddly Crafts Christmas download
Wreath - die set from Sizzix
Lantern and Candle - die set from Gummiapan

10 comments:

  1. You've made a beautiful card with your snippets! Gorgeous wreath!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty Val and so nice to use more snippets.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Val! This is me shouting from Hampshire - with delight! What a wonderful card and very imaginative use of the lantern and candle. Beautiful!

    Hugs
    Di xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a pretty wreath Val and I love the poinsettias and lantern, and a beautiful background with the red matted layer and wonderful green patterned paper. x

    ReplyDelete
  5. You've certainly made good use of those tiny snippets Val...lovely Christmas card

    Anne

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely Christmas card with the cute lantern.

    Thanks for entering a piece of homework to the Snippets Playground. See you on the swings later. Xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. I wouldn't have thought to put the lantern in a wreath but it is so effective. A lovely Christmas card.

    ReplyDelete
  8. A gorgeous Christmas card, Val. The wreath is so pretty and I love the little lantern. xx

    ReplyDelete