Pages

Tuesday 25 April 2023

Trying Techniques

 If I see different techniques incorporating items which I have in my stash I like to have a go and this time I've been playing with a 3D embossing folder using black card, Pixie powders and some gilding polish.  This card is a CASE of one spotted HERE but using a different embossing folder.  In the original inspiration the technique was shown using white card partially coloured by applying black to one side of the E/F but none of the pigment powders I have seem to show up differently when used on black as opposed to white and I don't particularly need to buy any more so this is a slight variation using black card.  The video explains this more clearly 😉


Embossing Folder - from Crafter's Companion

8 comments:

  1. What you've created here is fabulous and I don't think you need any more powder either. I just love this!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That certainly shows up well. Love the resulting card you have made. Off now to see what this is all about just in case I am missing something!! Hugs Mrs A.

    ReplyDelete
  3. These EF are lovely Val so detailed and work so well with ink and rub on...perfect card

    Anne

    ReplyDelete
  4. A lovely embossed card with the luscious gilding for extra effect. Wonderful xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely card Val, gilding shows up well, looks lush on the embossing ….maybe one day I’ll get my old pots out and have a go! Xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful card Val, the technique is very effective. xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fabulous result with this technique. Love the way you framed it also.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is gorgeous Val and I did go and take a look a Chrissie's video, and am thinking of giving it a try, and l was thinking of trying it with black card also as I don't have black gesso and I'm not sure that black acrylic paint would come out dark enough, but may give that a try. The embossed frame using dies finishes it beautifully. x

    ReplyDelete