Pages

Saturday 25 February 2023

Umbrellas

I decided I really needed to kick-start Mr Mojo who seems to have been on a prolonged break so I treated myself to a class in the post from the lovely Jenny Moors.  Getting these classes presents a great opportunity to have a play with some of the latest products from Stampin' Up and I thought this one using umbrellas and some cute critters would be fun to play with.  The SU cards are usually small in size with the American postal system in mind but I  much prefer to make larger cards so I have the added challenge of trying to do just that.   This is the first one I've made and I managed to turn it into a 6" square card by adding a square of  raindrop paper which I knew I had somewhere in my stash and I also added some additional stamped and/or die cut elements using magazine give-aways which I've had for a long time (just needed to find them though 🤣).  There are four more card sets in the class and hopefully they can all be made larger using bits from my stash.  Watch this space 😉!!


 Umbrellas and Clouds - from Playing in the Rain Stampin' Up
Wellies and Puddle - using a magazine give-away stamp/die set
Sentiment - from the same stamp set
Rainy Paper - from my stash
Other layers came in the class kit Stampin' Up
 

9 comments:

  1. A very appropriate card for the current weather Val, April showers seem to have arrived early. Pretty bright and cheery and great complimentary sentiment.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your take on this card Val...yes I've managed to get in again

    Anne

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this Val, and how you paired it with the rain paper and wellies, and I just love that puddle! Xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great card Val. All the elements go so well together. xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a perfect card to depict our weather for the past few days, but today the sun has made an appearance. YAY! Loving those little yellow boots and all the umbrellas! Cute!

    ReplyDelete
  6. A lovely card and it’s always nice to receive something fun in the post. Congrats on altering the smaller card to make it larger xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Perfect for the ever changing weather Val, Such a great card.

    Sue x

    ReplyDelete
  8. It's so sweet and a great idea to make it a larger card.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is a delightful card Val, and with the sort of weather we get this time of year, the perfect theme, and a great sentiment to go with it too. x

    ReplyDelete