Pages

Friday 6 January 2023

A Slow Start

 I've found it difficult to get back into making any cards so far this year - inspiration seems to be sadly lacking.  My first card of 2023 has been made in response to the return of the Butterfly Challenge which has been on a short break - thought this might spark my mojo into action.  You can see all the details HERE .  I decided not to try the special card style but have used the flower theme; the colours of forest  green, flax and fuchsia as well as including some butterflies of course.  If you want to try the four-fold card there is a tutorial available on the challenge post.  I die cut a scalloped shape in white and stamped the wisteria flowers, followed by a little stencilling for added interest.; stamped and die cut the sentiment, finally adding butterflies cut using a die which also embosses (from Stampin' Up but is no longer available)


Flowers - Wisteria Wishes stamp set from Stampin' Up
Scalloped Shape - die from Stampin' Up (possibly retired)
Butterflies - Embossing die from way back Stampin' Up (long retired)



8 comments:

  1. oh my gosh, I still have that SU! butterfly die and thanks for inspiring me to use it again! Love the flowers and overall design and I too am dragging in the inspiration field this year so far!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just checked my butterfly drawer and yes my die is still there too. So glad I bought it before it got retired. I had forgotten how pretty the patterns are on the butterflies. Love all the elements of your card. Thankyou for coming and playing in the butterfly garden with me thought you do need your welly boots and a mac at the moment.
    Hugs Mrs A.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a pretty card, hope your mojo comes back soon. Now you’re not going to believe this……I was hopping around blogs, seeing some floral cards with little brass butterflies, thinking, I may have some left, or maybe I could dig out that old but much loved little butterfly set, I wonder where it might be…….!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely feminine birthday card. I, too, have that butterfly die and wouldn’t part with it for the world! Xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wisteria is one of my fave flowers and this shows it to beautiful effect.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the colours and the pretty embossed butterflies fluttering around are delightful Val, and the added wisteria works beautifully, and finished with a love ornately framed sentiment..a really elegant card. I don't have any wisteria stamps but wondered who made this one as I love it. x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sorry Val, not using my eyes today...lol, I see the Wisteria is from Stamping Up. x

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a pretty card Val! And I too have that SU butterflies die - it's a keeper for sure!

    Hugs

    Di xx

    ReplyDelete