Pages

Tuesday 15 November 2022

White Christmas

 Time for another challenge over at the Playground, where as you probably know by now we are encouraged to use up our snippets. A little while ago I had purchased some white card blanks but it wasn't until I opened the pack to use them that I noticed quite a proportion of them had damaged corners - I guess the pack had been dropped at some point. Anyway I wasn't sure where they had come from so rather than faff about trying to find out I decided to cut my losses and simply trim off the damaged part, leaving me with some sizeable snippets of white card  as if I didn't have enough white snippets already but heigh-ho that's the way the cookie crumbles 😀.  This has led me into making a white-on-white Christmas card for the challenge and apart from the card blank (undamaged) everything else was cut from the snippets.  There's always a silver lining and in this case at least the snippets actually matched the background perfectly 😉.  Why not pop along to the Playground to use up some of your snippets - a lovely prize as usual and possibly hot chocolate and crumpets if you time your visit well!.


Dies from Stampin'up, Lawn Fawn and some unbranded ones
Sentiment Die - a magazine gift from several years back 


5 comments:

  1. A simply lovely white-on-white scenic Christmas card Val.

    Thanks for coming to play in the Snippets Playground. Once you've finished playing on the swings, come and find Di and myself up in the Treehouse. We'll make you a nice mug of hot chocolate and add marshmallow sprinkles! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a beautiful card Val, loving the white on white.

    Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely white on white Christmas card Val

    Anne

    ReplyDelete
  4. I adore white on white Val and this card is stunning! Your slightly damaged pack of card was serendipity really as it's nigh on impossible to match whites perfectly - and I do chop up perfectly decent cards to reach that end. I just bought a couple of unbranded dies - they arrived today and my hope/ambition/probably not gonna happen is to make a back illuminated shadow box card or two. I know - I also see disaster ahead. BTW - the teeny 15 LED light sets are from Ann Melvin's shop Positively Paper craft. SO cute! - and they're switched so no need to keep holding a button. My quest it working out how to fix the quite bulky mechanism into the very back of the card - at this rate it might end up as half a dozen layers - snigger!

    Hugs, Di xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful white on white work.

    ReplyDelete