Pages

Tuesday 15 March 2022

Wonky Patchwork

 I spotted a mention of 'wonky four-patch squares' recently - something new to me so of course I had to investigate via good old YouTube.  There always seems to be something different to learn or try out so I just had to have a go at this using up some miscellaneous 5" charm squares before launching into cutting any of my larger pieces of fabric. It is quite a simple idea and I ended up with a small pile of wonky squares so rather than just let them sit I worked out some measurements to enable me to use these squares along with some other fabrics from my stash to make a straightforward but useful tote bag.  It has a handy pocket in the lining.  Just goes to show that something useful and attractive can be easily made from oddments of fabric.  If you started with larger squares you could soon put together enough to make a quilt which could be colour-coordinated or scrappy depending on what fabrics you have.



2 comments:

  1. You learn new things quite quickly and what a fantastic tote bag you've made! I've always loved all things with quilt designs, and I love this bag too! Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well done on such a wonderful bag Val.

    Sue xx

    ReplyDelete